Thursday, February 23, 2006

My favorite Judy Woodruff moment

I wish I had video tape, but I don’t.

By mid afternoon on Election Day 2004, some exit polling (soon deemed suspect) showed that John Kerry had a strong lead. And while I didn't watch much of CNN’s coverage during the day, when I did tune in, Woodruff seemed excited, upbeat and focused. Later, in the evening, as actual vote counts began coming in and as more statistically accurate projections were made, Kerry’s prospects for a win went from likely to toss-up to bleak to grim. Woodruff’s demeanor followed suit, till finally (I believe it was around 10:00 pm ET when I looked in) she looked and acted like someone had shot her dog.
Judy Woodruff Back With PBS

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Veteran broadcast journalist Judy Woodruff will return to her one-time home, PBS, for a project examining young people's views on religion, politics and other issues, including America's role in the world….

1 Comments:

Anonymous Eneils Bailey said...

she looked and acted like someone had shot her dog.

Well, we did, sorta...kinda...his name was John Kerry.

2/24/2006 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home